I love trying out other people’s recipes but some days I go with something simple, a quick fix to just get dinner to the table and feed the brood. Today is one of those days and I am making my own cheesy gnocchi bake and as this is a quick fix meal I will be using a pack of fresh gnocchi from the store. I feel there is a time and place for playing around when cooking food, Monday evening after a busy day calls for Nigella Lawson style inspiration.
- 1 chilli
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1 bunch of fresh basil, (30g)
- 1 can chopped tomatoes (400g)
- 1 pack of fresh gnocchi , (500g)
- Mini mozzerella balls
- Parmigiano Reggiano for grating
- Pre-heat the oven at 180 degrees.
- For the tomato sauce, in a non-stick frying pan on a medium heat put a glug of olive oil, the deseeded chilli and the chopped garlic and the chopped storks from the basil. Heat gently for 1-2 minutes. Then add the chopped tomatoes.
- Place a pan of water to boil. Once boiling add the gnocchi and cook for 2-3 minutes. Then drain and tip into a oven dish.
- Add the tomato sauce to the gnocchi and stir together.
- Dot the mozzerella balls evenly over the surface of the dish and the and add some basil leaves and grate over some parmigiano reggiano cheese and put into the oven to bake for 20 minutes until the cheese has melted and looks golden.
You can serve this with a green salad and my carb hungry bunch love a little garlic bread on the side.